Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring, come!

So... I really don't enjoy winter.  The snow and the cold is fun for about a week.  I can handle it until Christmas, and then I'm ready for the sun and the spring flowers.  I cannot tell you how annoying it becomes to bundle up three little people besides myself, not to mention the sickness. It seems we all get sicker in the winter.  I don't know; maybe that's the way for everyone.  

Poor little Leo....  Everybody but Josh has a cold.  Leo has had a fever all week as well as the cold. He is so pitiful when he feels bad.  I took him to the doctor today and found out he has an ear infection.  Hmm.  No wonder he has been complaining every time we put the thermometer in his ear.  

Last night was sure a treat because of his sickness.  First, he was standing in his seat at the table, which we repeatedly tell him not to do.  You know what happened next.  Yep, he flipped over backward.  He didn't hurt anywhere but really scared himself.  The onslaught of tears followed.  If you'll recall, I said he had a cold, so the snot overflowed.  Now, Leo, in case you don't know him, has a really sensitive gag reflex.  Therefore, when all the snot and tears started flowing, and he started gagging, he proceeded to puke up the taco he had just eaten.  I, of course, sent him to the bathroom to finish.  While I was getting some Clorox wipes to clean up his "stuff", he came in the kitchen telling me, "Mom, I'm red!"  I had my back turned to him, so I just assumed he had caught sight of himself in the mirror and noticed his cheeks were red, as they usually get when he cries.  I turned to look at him, and I believe the words out of my mouth were, "Oh crap!"  He had a nosebleed.  I'm not sure if the fall caused it or the puking or the ibuprofen that I had given him earlier (ibuprofen makes blood vessels constrict in case you weren't aware), or I suppose it could have been all three together.  Anyway, it was quite an ordeal.  Of course, at the same time I was trying to get Leo taken care of Finn was screaming on my lap because he was sleepy, and Max chose that moment to try and tell me some superhero scenario that he was acting out.  As nicely as I could, I had to ask him not to talk to me at the present time because it was a little hard to hear him with Leo crying and Finn screaming. Needless to say, it was a fairly eventful evening, but it turned out okay.  

No comments: