Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Conference

So...Josh wants to go to the Trinity Arts Conference.  It's one of those things that seems soooo great for him.  For those of you who don't know my Josh, he's a really talented writer.  This would be a really great experience for him to learn and get some good critical advice.  He loves to soak up information, and he could really use some time to just get away and be.

On the other hand, I'd be all alone with the kids for four days!  Don't get me wrong; it's not that I don't love my boys, but doing everything alone for that many days....  Also, I want to go too!  If I go, however, we would have to find someone to watch the boys.  In my mind that just seems impossible, especially since Finn will still be nursing then.  I don't know that there are many wet nurses around anymore.  

What to do?  Should I tell him to go in peace?  Is there some way for us both to go?  Should we both just get over it, and trudge along in our writing careers (if we can consider them careers)?  We joke all the time about one of us writing that one perfect novel that will take care of us for life.  Harper Lee did it; why can't one of us?  Could we do it on our own without professional insight?

I think I've talked myself through it.  Josh should go.  And maybe, if something miraculous happens, I can too.  Happy planning, babe.

No comments: